Pear-shaped bodies are characterized by narrower shoulders and a smaller bust, with wider hips and thighs. This body type can be incredibly flattering, but it's important to choose clothing that accentuates your curves and balances out your proportions.
Fall is the perfect time to experiment with different styles and looks. With so many different trends to choose from, there's something for everyone. But if you're not sure where to start, here are a few tips on how to dress for your pear-shaped body in the fall:
Highlight your waist
One of the best ways to flatter a pear-shaped body is to highlight your waist. This can be done with fitted tops, belts, and high-waisted bottoms.
Wrap Dresses and Tops:
- Embrace the flattering silhouette of wrap dresses and tops. These pieces cinch at the waist, accentuating your curves while providing comfort and style for the fall season.
Belted Coats and Jackets:
- Opt for outerwear that can be cinched at the waist with a stylish belt. This not only keeps you warm but also draws attention to your narrow waistline.
- Choose dresses with fitted bodices that flare out at the waist. This classic style enhances your curves and creates a balanced, hourglass look.
Spotlighting Your Shoulders
- Off-the-shoulder tops draw attention to your shoulders, balancing out your silhouette. They also add a touch of femininity to your fall wardrobe.
Structured Shoulder Jackets:
- Invest in jackets or blazers with structured shoulders to create a broader top half, balancing the proportions of your pear-shaped figure.
- Opt for sweaters with wider necklines like boat necks or wide V-necks. This draws the eye upward, highlighting your shoulders and creating a visually appealing balance.
Fall Color Palette and Fabrics
Rich Fall Hues:
- Embrace the autumn color palette with warm, rich tones like deep burgundy, forest green, or mustard yellow. These colors not only complement the season but also add vibrancy to your look.
- Incorporate textured fabrics like knits, tweed, or corduroy into your outfits. These fabrics add dimension and interest, enhancing the overall appeal of your fall wardrobe.
What to Avoid
Overly Flared Bottoms:
- While flare can be flattering, avoid excessively flared pants or skirts that may overwhelm your silhouette.
Tight Bottoms with Loose Tops:
- Strive for balance by avoiding tight bottoms paired with loose-fitting tops. This can disrupt the harmony of your pear-shaped figure.
Horizontal Stripes on Bottoms:
- Steer clear of horizontal stripes on the bottom half, as they can create an illusion of width. Opt for vertical stripes or patterns instead.
Celebrate your pear-shaped body this fall by curating a wardrobe that accentuates your waist and shoulders. From wrap dresses to belted coats, there are countless stylish options that cater specifically to your unique silhouette. Embrace the fall color palette and experiment with textured fabrics to add depth to your outfits. With these fashion tips in mind, you'll step into the autumn season with confidence, showcasing the beauty of your pear-shaped figure with every ensemble.
You may also be interested in: Our Fall Favorites lookingGLASS Lifestyle
Shop Now and elevate your style with our personalized styling services.